8 Signs of Impacted Wisdom Teeth
The wisdom teeth are some of the most common dental issues that are reported by people. Why is this? In most cases, there simply is not enough room in the mouth for these wisdom teeth and this results in tons of problems. Impacted wisdom teeth are the most common issue that people are told they have. Just what is this and how do you know that you have this?
What are Impacted Wisdom Teeth?
An impacted wisdom tooth is basically when there is no room left in the mouth for the tooth to come through into the mouth. However, this does not mean that the tooth simply sits there without going anywhere. Naturally, the tooth is going to still try to get into the mouth. This is where a dentist may state that you have an impacted wisdom tooth. How is this found? Through:
1. Looking at the gums and using their best judgment
2. An x-ray can confirm what they suspect
3. The symptoms that the person may have
What the Signs of an Impacted Wisdom Tooth?
What are the signs that a person will have when they do have impacted wisdom teeth? There are several:
1. There is severe pain or tenderness at the gums that are located in the back of the mouth where these teeth would normally be.
2. You are having issues chewing.
3. There is redness on the gum area.
5. Swelling around the jaw.
6. A bad taste in the mouth.
7. Swollen gums that may be tender, red or even bleeding.
8. Bad breath.
For those who are having these signs, then they need to make an appointment with their dentist as soon as possible. Do not think that you should suffer with these signs for a long period of time. The more you put this off, the more likely you are to have serious repercussions of not getting these teeth fixed as they should be.
Call Kaufman & Kaufman Smile Design Studio, your top dental office in Chiacgo, at (773) 643-6006 to schedule a consultation today.