Planmeca Pro Max CBCT
PlanMeca Pro Max 3-D Cone Beam Dental Imaging System
The current emerging standard of care in dentistry and dental implantology is the use of three-dimensional x-ray studies. The 3-D images allow your Woodlawn dentist to collect the needed and highly valuable diagnostic information so they can best plan and deliver dental and surgical care.
PlanMeca Cone Beam 3D Imaging provides three-dimensional imaging to the dental community, right in the practice office. The system offers active sagittal, coronal, and axial viewing and manipulation. It enhances diagnosis and treatment planning by providing more accurate imaging. Using the 3-D mapping tool, dental professionals can easily format and select desired slices for immediate viewing. Cone Beam imaging delivers quicker and easier image acquisition a typical scan takes only 20 seconds.
The patient benefits from less radiation as well as the comfortable, open environment. Aside from the physical comfort of this system, the doctor can share a visual diagnosis with patients, making them more comfortable with their treatment plan and actively participate in their care. The speed of the scan and the immediate results allows the doctor and patient to better communicate the aspects of a case.
Benefits of Using the PlanMeca Compared to traditional CT scans:
- Offers advanced imaging within the practice
- Allows doctors to visualize anatomy that can not be diagnosed externally or in 2-dimensional images.
- Safer - delivers less radiation to the patient than traditional CT scans.
- Open environment ensures patient comfort.
- Thorough diagnostic information (optimum view of the critical anatomy of all oral and maxillofacial structures.)
- More accurate treatment planning - confirm certain treatments are necessary.
- More predictable treatment outcomes.
- Reduces the length and cost of therapy
- Delivers quicker and easier image acquisition - typical scan takes only 20 seconds.
The PlanMeca is fully open and has a short image capture time. Scan images are ready for use in less than 3 minutes and can be emailed, placed on a CD, or printed in full color for your use by the Chicago general dentist.
ProMax 3D Announcement
We have recently added The Planmeca ProMax 3D imaging device to our Chicago dental office, which brings new possibilities for treatment planning and maximizes the safety of our imaging procedures. This unit complies with the best practices in dentistry by following the American Dental Association’s ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) radiation principle to minimize the effective dose to our patients. The unique features of this unit allow us to choose what area of the teeth and facial anatomy we need to capture, which significantly reduces any unnecessary exposure. Our staff can also adjust the unit’s settings, allowing us to capture only the details we need. We will be using this unit with state-of-the-art software applications for the best possible care using the latest technology.
For appointment requests, please call (773) 643-6006 or Click Here.